Monday, January 2, 2012

Sleeping in Love

Passion fruit,
ruby red lips dripping dew,
glistening,
dropping to the floor...
so swollen and full from the remembrance of a love lost,
but now found for one afternoon...

Upon contact with the floor, the drops burst,
exploding in slow motion...
to bottle and save it would rob it of its existence,
its purpose in the Universe...

The breeze takes my mane into your hands,
slithering through each finger,
while white veils are what separate us from the sea...

Your palms move forward,
cradling my flushed cheeks,
my body shudders at this touch...
skin standing at attention.

Lift and place me on the clouds,
like how I was born,
yet, now I'm a woman,
ready for you to see my flawless imperfections...

See me like this while you sleep,
this is all we have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment